Who we are:
The BCEA represents approximately 10,000 members employed in 40 districts within Burlington County. Our members include teachers, teacher aides/assistants, transportation workers, custodial & maintenance personnel, secretaries and paraprofessionals.
What we do:
Work in tandem with our local NJEA UniServ office to bring information and training to the local education associations in Burlington County.
Host a yearly celebration for our local association presidents. These hard-working individuals deserve our recognition for their dedication to their local association members.
Send a delegation to the National Education Association’s annual Representative Assembly. This representative body is the primary legislative and policy making body of the NEA.
- a link between NJEA and our local associations through participation in the NJEA Delegate Assembly.
- a Minority Leadership and Recruitment Workshop to encourage multi-ethnic members to become active in all levels of association work.
- a Legislative Committee comprised of a Government Relations Committee chairperson and a Congressional Contact Committee chairperson which work together with our local association representatives to keep them informed of legislative issues and concerns.
- a Holiday Social and a Member Appreciation Social each year so all members can gather to celebrate.
- an overnight workshop for all members in Atlantic City. This workshop provides advocacy training by NJEA staff.
- Professional Development workshops throughout the year for both certified staff and educational support professionals.
Have a question? Contact us!