Burlington County Education Association
Who we are…
The BCEA represents approximately 10,000 members employed in 41 districts within Burlington County. Our members include teachers, teacher aides/assistants, transportation workers, custodial & maintenance personnel, secretaries and paraprofessionals.
What we do…
- Work in tandem with our local NJEA UniServ office to bring information and training to the local education associations in Burlington County.
- Provide a link between NJEA and our local associations through participation in the NJEA Delegate Assembly and the County President’s Council.
- Offer an overnight workshop for its local leaders in an effort to distribute the latest information and training.
- Offer PD workshops each year for both certified staff and educational support professionals.
- Offer two workshops exclusively for our ESP members on a variety of topics to help enhance their careers. We also provide a dinner and workshop on National ESP Day.
- Host a yearly celebration for our local association presidents. These hard-working individuals deserve our recognition for their dedication to their local association members.
- Provide a Legislative Committee comprised of a Government Relations Committee chairperson and a Congressional Contact Committee chairperson which work together with our local association representatives to keep them informed of legislative issues and concerns.
- Offer a Hospitality Reception at the NJEA Convention where BCEA members can gather to rest, relax, and network with other members.
- Offer a Holiday Social and a Teacher Appreciation Day Social each year so all members can gather to celebrate.
- Offer an overnight workshop for all members in Atlantic City. This workshop provides advocacy training by NJEA staff.
- Provide a Minority Leadership and Recruitment Workshop to encourage multi-ethnic members to become active in all levels of association work.
- Send a delegation to the National Education Association’s annual Representative Assembly. This representative body is the primary legislative and policy making body of the NEA.